1. Is your school accredited?
We are fully accredited K-12 by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and the State of Indiana.
2. What are your school hours?
School hours are 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
3. How much does it cost to attend Bethesda Christian?
While our educational program is totally unique, our tuition rates are very competitive with other area schools. We would love to have the opportunity to discuss all of the costs of a Bethesda education with you.
4. Does BCS have a dress code?
Yes, our dress options are standardized (uniformity--not uniforms).
5. What does tuition include?
Our tuition includes the cost of the basic education at BCS.
6. What extracurricular options do you have?
Our extra-curricular program includes Drama, Music and a wide variety of athletic opportunities.
7. At what age can my children participate in sports and band?
Athletic opportunities begin in 5th Grade.
Students are taught to play the recorder in the 3rd Grade. Band is offered beginning in 4th Grade.
8. Is there financial aid available?
Our financial aid is available on a limited basis. All financial aid is determined by family financial need.
9. Do you have a program for my child's grade level?
We have a program for all grades beginning with the 3 and 4 year old children in pre-school continuing through the senior year of high school.
10. What is the teacher/student ratio?
Overall our teacher/student ratio (including high school) is approximately 1:16.
11. What are the class sizes at BCS?
Class sizes vary depending on many factors. At the elementary level the average maximum number of students in a classroom is 23.
12. Are there special needs classes?
We are equipped to offer services to children with certain mild learning differences. It is our goal to honor the learning style of each student.
13. Is the Bible integrated into your curriculum?
We teach our students to view all educational material through the lens of scripture. Every subject is taught as part of a larger frame of reference, namely a Biblical world view.
14. Do you have extended care options?
We have early care each morning beginning at 7:00 a.m. Our after school care is available until 6:00 p.m.
15. Do you have a hot lunch program?
We serve a type A hot lunch to our students through 8th Grade on an every day basis. We also offer hot lunch ala carte to our high school students.
16. What is your grading scale?
Our grading scale is:
17. Does BCS offer AP courses?
We offer a growing list of AP opportunities. Currently AP courses are available in Biology, Calculus and Chemistry.
18. Is your school ethnically diverse?
Our students come from a variety of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
19. How is technology utilized in the classroom?
Technology is utilized differently as children advance through school.